Thursday, June 18, 2009

Doll Shoes

When I first found out I was having a little girl, I was so excited and wanted immediately to make her something. I didn't have a sewing machine (except for a little cheap sewing machine, that I had a hard time figuring out) at the time, so it needed to be more of a free hand thing. I got a pattern from craft-queen, Martha Stewart, got all the tools I needed, and began cutting, ironing, and fusing. After setting everything up, I lost track of my project with all of the hustle and bustle of getting ready to live out of state (DC) for a while. Once in DC, I found myself very tired of carrying Key in my HUGE belly. Once I started getting some bursts of energy, I bought my sewing machine and brought out my long lost project. I finished the little shoes but thought they looked way too doll like :( I hated them and wanted to make more modern looking shoes for my soon-to-be little girl. These were a total devastation, considering how long they took to make and anticipation of waiting to see the finished project. So, I went back to the drawing board and tried altering here and there (I'll show the other shoes in another post).
Perhaps one of her dolls can fit these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love hearing from friends :)