Thursday, November 19, 2009

Naughty or Nice

This year in an attempt to try and save money, and give thoughtful handmade gifts, I realized I needed to start early on the crafting. I've gotten a handful done, but I still have many on my list unchecked! As I thought about gift giving, I was struck on the idea, "What if people really did receive gifts based on behavior?" I took it a step futher and began thinking of us human beings and our innate view of rewarding people based on. At times this works quite well in arenas such as the workforce, and school. We also take the good vs. bad scale into our moral values, and to the extreme end, we take it to our relationship with God (or a higher being). I know I did. Maybe you didn't. Or maybe you agree with that concept...interesting. I hope this is not a downer, but I just wanted us to take a second, and think about what we really believe in regarding good vs. bad, who decides, and where that leaves us. Any thoughts?
Have a great rest of the day! Much love to you.

1 comment:

  1. frances, thatz really an interesting point of view ~ giving gifts based on behavior. But then i only give gifts to peepz that i adore and love...so i guess they are always all nice. I'm not sure if i could even make a gift for someone that is not nice. >_< Hope your having a lovely merry happy weekend and love to yoU!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love hearing from friends :)